Monday, March 24, 2014

Recollections of a homeless, lost, little rat


Recollections of a homeless, lost, little rat aka me. There were a few times I felt a little like a homeless drain rat as I was travelling solo in Europe... However, I will always be taken in by kind strangers  It was raining continuously these two days in Milan and I always showed up at my favourite vegan restaurant half an hour before they open and they always took the drenched me in before time... hahaha

This got me thinking about that night in Munich... I was staying in Belle Blue Zentrum Hotel for the entire time I was in Germany. However, on the last night there, I did not book a room as my train left at 3:20am in the morning so I thought I would just wait it out.

However, after spending 5 hours just shopping and doing nothing (cuz there's nothing to do in Munich), I was tired and bored so I went back to the hotel. I was initially using my phone in the hotel's dining area but was getting more and more tired so I laid down on the couch. The receptionist on his night shift saw me and he told me he will have to close the dining area soon. When I said it was alright and was about to leave for the train station with my luggage at 11:30pm, he asked if I wanted to sleep in his room. My initial reaction in my head was "what???!!" Then he clarified that he will go back to his house for the night and I could sleep in his spare room in the hotel. I very politely rejected his kind offer but he kept insisting... Seeing that I'm really homeless and tired, I agreed to his very kind offer in the end LOL.

So he showed me to his room and gave me extra duvets as it's cold at night... He then checked with me if there's anything else I needed. Before he left, I saw him double checking all the doors to make sure they could be opened from inside so that I don't get locked in when I have to leave 3 hours later. I had a really good sleep and left at 2:30am. I am really really grateful to him 'cuz he's sooooo nice! I mean he totally did not have to do that. All the staffs in Belle Blue are really friendly and the hotel is really really comfortable so I would totally recommend you to stay there if you wanna stay in a nice hotel at Munich.

Writer is Li Dong Ying (https://www.facebook.com/dongying) who is currently wandering around the streets of Lombardia Italy.  She is a former French language classmate of mine in Singapore.  She's been travelling around Europe since January and doing voluntary work with Czech children for a month.

No comments: