Sunday, September 25, 2011

Jura mountains

The weather continued to be sunny and cloudless today so I thought that it might be a good idea to walk to the Jura mountains via St. Genis Pouilly.  I started the walk at about 9am after some light breakfast then headed towards some other parts of the CERN facility.
Yes, a plane over my head.

Picturesque view of vineyards and houses with misty mountains.

Another one of those pictures.

Computer mice sanctuary outside the CERN computer centre.

Blackberries growing near entrance E.
Ok, so I thought I could exit via entrance E, but it was locked in the weekends.  So I had to double back to entrance B which actually means I had to walk all the way back to my hostel again.  I reached St.Genis Pouilly, in about 30 minutes to an hour (I actually did not keep track of the time, but feels like an hour).  I really like St. Genis; it is a quiet nice town will small shops and houses and everything neatly arranged.


St. Genis Pouilly

Another picture of the town.

Cards for all occasions, with a mischievous cat!

The cat in real life!  This one is really huge although you can't really see it from the picture.
Afterwards, I continued walking to Crozet which is about 5km away.  There was a weekend flea market there with the local populace selling all sorts of second hand merchandise from toys to old appliances and clothes.

Looks so far away.  I will be on the mountain later.

Shot 1 of the flea market.

Shot 2 of it.  Nothing special really.

Food!
I quickly passed by the market and started walking up the mountain to the hiking trail.  The cable car did not operate at the time but it did not affect my plans to go up anyway.


The view from the mountain.

Going down is more difficult than going up!

No comments: